YH3’s Hareline details the upcoming runs, and the hare(s) responsible for setting the trail. Unless otherwise advised below, all runs (and walks) meet at 2.30pm, every Saturday, in the carpark opposite the University of Yangon entrance on University Avenue Rd, between Pyay and Inya Roads.
For those willing & able to hare (and exchange their name for “volunteer” in the list below), please email Bobo Hotpants, GM Emeritus in perpetuity, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember – no hares, no hash. Hares may want to read through the very popular Hare misinstructions (2003, Bobo Hotpants) as they prepare for trail setting. (PDF; 4 pages)
Google map for the meeting point, https://goo.gl/maps/vDsMERWEARR2,
Location: 16.826159, 96.133697
|1515||25 Feb ’17||Hashing in the Key of G||Who’s F*cking Alex|
|1516||4 Mar ’17||Eunochs Unite Run||Scot No Balls|
|1517||11 Mar ’17||Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Hash||Jess L, Anna B and Hannaleena P|
|1518||18 Mar ’17||Hashy Nuptials Run||Boring F*cker and Sleeps on the Knob|
|1519||25 Mar ’17||On In Through the Back Door (Outstation – Chaung Tha)||Rear Access|
|1520||1 Apr ’17||April Fool’s Day Run||Bouncing Balls, Mee Grob, Le Pimp & Ain’t Ze Bush|
|1521||8 Apr ’17||Happy Families Run||Family Tracey|
|1522||15 Apr ’17||TBC||Volunteer|
|1523||22 Apr ’17||TBC||Iron Maiden and Ain’t Ze Bush|
|1524||29 Apr ’17||TBC||Volunteer|
|1525||6 May ’17||TBC||Volunteer|
|1526||13 May ’17||TBC||Berti Wahl and friends|
Other upcoming hash events:
Bangladesh Nash Hash, 19-21 February 2017
The Bangladesh Nash Hash is a leisurely 5 hour drive from Dhaka – participants will need to arrive the day before and leave the day after.
If any YH3 members are interested in joining our neighbours, it will be 20,000 BDT which includes two people sharing, all food and drinks, transport, 4 runs, one t-shirt and possibly more – if they get our act together to do more.
For registrations, contact Dhaka Hash, email@example.com.
Nha Trang, Vietnam, 4th Anniversary Hash
Nha Trang Hash House Harriers is celebrating its 4th Anniversary on 24-26 March 2017 and hashers from around the globe are invited to join the festivities, running & drinking. Registrations commence at $US130. More details are available on the Nha Trang Hash website, www.nhatranghash.com (click on the “specials” tab).
Euro Hash 2017, 7-9 July 2017
The city of Vienna, Austria, is hosting Euro Hash 2017 with a pre-lubes Third Man event, charity Red Dress Day Run and the ultimate Euro Hash run.
Check out all details on the official website, www.eurohash2017.
2017 Mekong Indo-China Hash, 3-5 November
The 2017 Mekong Indo-China Hash will be held in Vientiane, Laos. with “early bird” registrations now open.
As at early-December 2016, over half of the places for the Mekong Indochina Hash 2017 had already been taken.
As in previous years, a cap of 350 places will be strictly applied. To avoid disappointment, you are strongly advised to register asap. If, at a later date, you decide not to go, your registration will be fully transferable.
Registration will open to the “general public” in December 2016, which will mean the last remaining places will quickly disappear.
See more on the website: http://imh2017.com/index1.php
2018 Interhash – celebrating the 21st anniversary of Interhash
24-27 May 2018 in Fiji.
- There are early bird discounts for registration (the published registration fee is $US300). As at the end of 2016, over 1,000 hashers had registered.
- Sofitel Fiji Resort will be the main venue & headquarters for registrations (on Denarau Island, 11kms from Nadi International Airport)
- There will be 10-12 different run sites over 4 days, with trails (including a red dress day run) stretching from Natadola to Abaca (so there could be some hills). Run sites will be on average be 30-45 minutes from your hotel to the most spectacular countryside, and late May is a beautiful time to be in Fiji as the weather is at its best – warm days and cool nights but you (the temperature ranges from 20-30 degree centigrade).
- You can start learning some useful Fijian phrases and greetings on the Bula Vista website
- The Fijian Tourism Minister has heralded the Interhash as a “great platform” for sports tourism (The Fiji Times, 30 June 2016). That doesn’t sound very hashy, but indicates the nation’s excitement about hosting the HHH. The hashers in Fiji have set up a full-time office & established their mismanagement council (late June 2016). It will be a great event.
Ain’t Ze Bush would like to coordinate the YH3 activities for the Interhash event. If you sign up or are thinking about signing up, please contact him.