Next YH3 Runs (Every Saturday 2:30pm):
- Run # 1663 Saturday, 16th November 2019
- Hares: Weedwanker & Dead Head
- Meeting 2:30 pm at meeting point (leaving at 2:45 pm). 3:15 pm at start point
- Where: Shin Ye Htut Hotel, Win Gabar St
- Google Maps pin: https://goo.gl/maps/ngAyo7UQR5fsTDim8
- Book here
OKTOBERFEST 2019 (Ticket For 23rd Nov) – Click here
- Run # 1664 Saturday, 23th November 2019 (Oktoberfest Run)
- Hares: Barefoot & Harriette Melissa
- Meeting: 2:30 pm at meeting point (leaving at 2:45 pm). 3:15 pm at start point
- Where: TBA (If not announced by Friday, go to meeting point)
- Google Maps pin: TBA
- Book here
Next Full Moon Hash (Once per month):
- Run # 180 – 22nd November 2019 (Mis-management Erections)
- Hares: Le Pimp & El Puerco
- Time: 6:30 pm
- Where: Sanchaung Gardens (opposite Winstar)
- Google Maps pin: https://goo.gl/maps/phNCADzoF1qzBsq56
General Info about YH3:
The Yangon Hash House Harriers (YH3) meets every Saturday afternoon at 2:30 PM [link to Meeting Point] for a fun run and a few beers.
The runs are non-competitive and are planned in such a way that everyone finishes within a few minutes of each other, irrespective of sporting ability. Indeed a goodly percentage of those taking part make no attempt at running whatsoever but enjoy a good walk.
The runs can take place anywhere in and around the environs of Yangon and, more often than not, take place “off road” so you should be prepared to encounter mud, water, livestock and perhaps the odd leech! It is a truism that you will see and go to places on the Hash that you would not normally even know existed and it can be a good way to see an alternative view of life in the ex-capital.
The runners, who currently age between a few months and the mid-eighties, have diverse backgrounds and ethnicity but the common thread is the social aspect of the run. Immediately after each Hash, refreshment is served in the shape of a few beers and any notable misdemeanours are publicly celebrated. Later in the evening, the members will meet up for a dinner and socialising can often go on to the wee hours if you are that way inclined.